Emirates ID is the identity card of residents living in the UAE. If someone violates any law relevant to their Emirates ID in the UAE, a fine is imposed on them, which is called an Emirates ID fine. These fines can be due to different issues like not updating IDs on time, filling incorrect details in ID applications and misuse of documents for specific purposes. Most traffic fines are also issued on your Emirates ID. It’s crucial to keep track of these fines because if not cleared on time, they stay attached to your ID profile, which can lead to several problems in the future.
In this blog, The Burj Diary will guide you on performing Emirates ID fine check for different UAE Emirates, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, and Umm Al Quwain. If you’re living in any of the UAE emirates and wondering how to check fines on Emirates ID, then keep reading as we’ve outlined everything for you in easy steps.
Dubai: Emirates ID Fine Check
If you’re a Dubai resident, here’s how to quickly check the fines on your Emirates ID using their website and mobile app.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Using the Government of Dubai Website:
- Visit the Dubai Government’s official website (GDRFAD) and open the fine inquiry services tab
Either Type Emirates ID fine in the Google search bar and open the first link.
Or click on the link https://gdrfad.gov.ae/en/fines-inquiry-service , and it will lead you directly to the website, as shown in the picture below
- Choose the Emirate ID option
- You’ll see four different search types on the website’s fine inquiry page. Select the Emirates ID option.
- Add ID number without space
- Fill in the Date of Birth. Make sure to write the date as mentioned on your Emirates ID Card
- Select Gender
- Tick the Security Check
- Hit submit; fine details will appear as follows.
This picture shows that there are currently no fines. If present, the fines amount will be mentioned here instead.
Checking Emirates ID Fine in Dubai Using the Dubai Police App
- Download the Dubai Police App on your Phone
- Register (first-time users) or log in through UAE pass by filling in your Emirates ID and password
- Go to the activity feed tab
- After logging in, you’ll see different activity options. You’ll click on the activity feed button for fine-checking.
- View Fine. If there’s any fine on your Emirates ID, it will appear here under the activity feed tab.
Abu Dhabi: Emirates ID Fine Check
For Abu Dhabi, residents can check fines relevant to their Emirates ID by using the Abu Dhabi Police/Tamm Website or App. However, to be able to use this method, you must have your UAE Pass Account created already.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Abu Dhabi using the TAMM App:
- Download the TAMM application on your mobile.
App Store Play Store
- The app interphace will open. You have the option to enter as a guest or log in with UAE Pass.
- Login using UAE PASS, confirm authentication and enter the pin of your UAE Pass account.
- Navigate to the Payments Button.
- Once logged in, the Main interphace will open. Scroll through the quick actions and enter the Payments tab.
- Click on the traffic fine payment option. You’ll be directed to the fine payments page.
- Press the Start button present at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Others option on the opening page to view fines related to your Emirates ID
- Click on the Emirates ID option in the search by tab
- Write your Emirates ID number and hit search.
- All fines relevant to your ID will appear in the results.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Abu Dhabi using TAMM Website:
The Abu Dhabi police and Tamm have integrated websites to facilitate citizens in accessing information on their Emirates ID, traffic fines and other details. So, even if you start through the Abu Dhabi website, it will take you to the TAMM website to perform fine-check inquiries. Here’s how you can use this to view the Emirates ID fine check.
- Open the Abu Dhabi Police Website: https://www.adpolice.gov.ae/. It will open as shown above.
- Select option of traffic fines payment. It will lead to the Tamm website page for fine payment checks, as shown above.
Or You can skip the above steps and directly visit the Tamm website fine payment page.
- Press the yellow start. It will lead you to the UAE Pass login.
- Log in using your account ID and Password. Your fines will appear in the results if present.
Sharjah: Emirates ID Fine Check
There’s a separate website and app for Sharjah Police where citizens can check their Emirates ID fines. Here’s how:
Checking Emirates ID Fine Sharjah Using the Sharjah Police Website:
- Go to the online portal of Sharjah Police at https://www.shjpolice.gov.ae/
- Navigate to the traffic and license services option under the services tab.
- Click on the Traffic Fine Button.
- Start Service by entering your ID details or vehicle number.
- The present Emirates ID fine check will be shown, and you can pay it online by adding your card details in the next steps on the page.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Sharjah using the Sharjah Police App
- Get the Sharjah police app on your phone
- Log in to the app using your Emirates ID or Register first if you’re a first-time user.
- Go to the traffic fines tab under the traffic services button.
- Your traffic fines will be displayed on the next page.
Ajman: Emirates ID Fine Check
The Ajman residents would use the website and app of Ajman Police to check and pay the traffic fines that are issued to their Emirates IDs. Also check out our comprehensive guide to the fine related and other facilities provided by the Traffic Services and Licensing Center Ajman.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Ajman Using the Ajman Police Website:
- Open the Ajman Police Website.
- Go to the payment of fines button under the services list.
- Click Start Services. You’ll be asked to log in by entering your ID and password.
- After logging in, add your ID number/vehicle/license details.
- Your fines will be displayed; follow the payment tab to pay your fines.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Ajman using the Ajman Police App:
- Install the Ajman Police App
- Log in via UAE Pass ID.
- Search for the payment of traffic fines tab under services and click on it.
- Choose your search type; you can find your details using your ID number or vehicle information.
- The relevant fines will appear in the results.
- For fines payment, press the pay button, choose your payment type (debit/credit), add card details and enter.
Fujairah: Emirates ID Fine Check
The process for checking ID and Traffic fines in Fujairah is also the same.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Fujairah using the Website:
- Open the website and find the option of payment of traffic fines.
- Click start service; you’ll be asked to Enter ID details to log in.
- Now, search for fines by writing either your ID card Number, Vehicle Number or license details.
- View the fines displayed. Follow the payment directions on the screen to make online fine payments through debit or credit cards.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Fujairah using the App:
- Install either the Fujairah Police App or the MOI’s App
- Sign in to the mobile app
- Find the traffic fines services section and search for fines by entering your Emirates ID
- If there are any fines, they will appear in the results
Ras Al Khaimah: Emirates ID Fine Check
Use the website and app of Ras Al Khaimah Police to check traffic fines in the region.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Ras Al Khaimah using the RAK Government Website:
- Open the traffic fine section on the official website of RAK government by clicking on the link.
- Press the start services button. The rest of the process is the same.
- Singing in with UAE Pass, adding ID details under the fine payments section and hitting the search button.
- Fine details will appear.
Another alternative is using the MOI website by following the same steps as explained above (Open Fine Payments option, Press Start Service, log in and search fines by using ID or other vehicle details).
Checking Emirates ID Fine Ras Al Khaimah using MOI and EVG Smart App:
- Download the respective apps on your phone.
- Register with your ID and email details and log in.
- Navigate to the option of fine payments. It can be on the home page or under the traffic fines section.
- You can view fines by writing your license number, ID number or vehicle number.
- Fines will appear in search results. Then, choose your desired payment method and proceed to pay your traffic fines online.
Umm Al Quwain: Emirates ID Fine Check
For Umm Al Quwain, residents will use the official website and app of their police department to check and pay their fines.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Umm Al Quwain Using The UAQ Police Website:
- Go to the official website of Umm Al Quwain Police by visiting.
- Click on E-service and open the option of traffic and licensing from the drop-down menu.
- Open the payment of traffic fines tab. It will take you to the MOI portal.
- Now, start the service by registering or logging in with your ID. Your fine details will be displayed, and you can pay online by filling in your card details in the payment method section.
Checking Emirates ID Fine Umm Al Quwain using the MOI App:
Here again, you can use the mobile app of MOI to see your fines.
- Download the App.
- Register or log in as applicable. Go to the fine payment tab and hit start services.
- You can view all the traffic fines related to your Emirates ID and can also pay them online
Different Types of Emirates ID Fines
The ICP has specified certain fine amounts relevant to the various Emirates ID and residency activities. Common fine reasons include registering or renewing an ID Late, misusing an ID, doing unauthorized transactions via IDs and so on. Knowing these amounts is vital so that you know what to expect while viewing your Emirates ID fine check. A few of the standard ID fines and details are explained below.
|For Late Renewal of Emirates ID
|20AED/Day starting from one month after the expiry date, the Maximum fine can go to 1000 AED
|For Late registration or issuance of ID
|20AED/Day starting from one month after the expiry date, the Maximum fine can go to 1000 AED
|For Damaged/Stolen/Lost ID card
|For Typing errors or incorrect typing in the ID card application
|For misusing the system of Emirates ID
|For Hindering the employees in the office during their job or refusing to cooperate with them
|For refusing to pay the services fee while applying for an ID
|For deliberately providing wrong or inaccurate information in the ID application
|For Non-Active establishments that issue visas or residency to invite workers, but their own company license is expired or invalid. In this case, such companies have to pay heavy fines to the government.
|For violating any of the six rules of residency and foreign affairs services
Individuals can perform Emirates ID fine check by using the official Government or Police website/mobile app of respective emirate states. Almost all police departments are linked with the MOI website, allowing citizens of all seven emirates to check and pay their traffic fines using the MOI app or MOI online portal. Fines can be issued to your Emirates ID due to various reasons, including late renewal of IDs, misuse of IDS and traffic law violations, among many others. Monitoring the fines issued to your Emirates IDs regularly is crucial, as these are checked every time you leave the UAE. If found unpaid, you won’t be able to move out of the country.
If you’re searching for how can I check my fine on Emirates ID, follow our above easy guide to view and pay your Emirates ID fine and keep yourself protected from all penalties!